27 Jun Promotion with Integrity is Loving
This soundfile is the recording of the free phone chat promised in the post below. Enjoy!
The shocking thing about promoting your work is that it’s loving.
That’s easy to forget, amid the fear, boredom, and weakness we can feel when we approach promoting our work. But we’ve worked through these in the first three posts of this blog post series and found the antidote to each of them inside you: safety, creativity, and power. (Click on the colors for each post.)
Now we are at the mid-point in our series, the core. “Core” is Latin for “heart.” We have come to the heart of promotion with integrity: Love.
Why do our work at all, and why promote it, if not for love?
- our work
- our purpose
- our families we support with our work
- our clients, patients, customers– “soul-colleagues,” we call them.
The heart of the matter is love. HOW you show love is your business. (Literally!)
RAISING CLARITY is safe space for love. Active love. Clear love. Loving abundance.
How you show love is also your brand. Remember and clarify: your purpose was love in the first place, and will be love in the last place.
Why not promote with love right now?
- Take love “time-outs”: Make a note, create a reminder, stick something where you’ll see it to remind you to re-center in your heart before you take a big leap at work or in promotion.
- You Are Love: you don’t have to find it or invent it. If you can’t remember where you put Yourself, don’t worry. Worrying you aren’t loving “correctly” can pull you farther from loving. Instead, notice what you are feeling. Confusion. Or despair. Or lostness. Or stress. Hang out for two seconds, three seconds, four seconds, and feel your heart softening.
- Write a thank-you note. This is such delicious selfishness it’s easy to forget the one you thank gets something out of it too! Gratitude opens our hearts. For a fun gratitude practice, see our post here.
We will offer a free Loving Promotion telephone session for an unlimited number of participants. Here is what you need to know to join us:
Date: Monday, July 4th (Note: This call will be recorded if you can’t make it because of the holiday–or for any other reason! All our chats are recorded. Click on the red, orange and yellow words at the top of this post. You’ll find chat recording soundfiles at the top of each of pages they take you to.)
Time and Duration: 9am for one hour
Call-in number: 641-715-3276
Code: 187944# (you will be prompted to give this code once you call the call-in number)
Purpose: To help you include your heart in promotion with integrity. Integrity means “wholeness.” Love is CORE to great promotional…
- ethical practice, and–
- what else? you tell us. Every phone chat is participatory. You’ll be positively shocked when you hear yourself! (That’s a pun.)
Just for a little while, forget everything except love. (You can have it all back. No worries.)
Just think about love–whatever and however it feels like to you. Wallow in love.
Let it fill your mind and cells. Take your time.
Now, in the simplest, most natural and obvious way, see yourself sharing your work lovingly. Take your time.
Do this as often as you want to. See yourself promoting your work–inspired by love.
If you like what you see, try it!
Ideas: Write a love-letter to your favorite client or clients. Publish writing about love–even describe what you saw when you tried this meditation. Consider how you can integrate love in a product or service of yours–actively, overtly, consciously?
Feel free to write in a comment to this post and tell us what you learned, what you did, what you saw.