13 Apr Successfully Building the Beloved Community: What Is Success for RAISING CLARITY?
Successfully Building the Beloved Community
What Is Success for RAISING CLARITY?
This text comes from a fellowship proposal I wrote recently. I published most of it as a blog post last week, as a way of committing myself to it publicly–but I left out this very important part!
I think I was scared to share these things publicly. But part of manifestation is declaring, affirming oneself and one’s vision as publicly as feels safe, to people who will share, amplify, and embrace it.
What does success actually look like for RAISING CLARITY?
Success for RAISING CLARITY looks like:
- My “Claim Your Calling” high-ticket course becoming more widely available to people of diverse income levels.
- Larger numbers of people sharing what I do and how I help.
- Me finding ever less expensive, highly effective (yet still paid, distinct from free) ways to serve more of my market, including a more diversified array of coaching groups on core RAISING CLARITY focus areas, plus recorded courses.
- Me being invited to speak at more events and venues about my understanding of contemporary meaninglessness and the tools for meaning within each of us, at our fingertips, whether or not it creates direct income for RAISING CLARITY, as a Beloved Community contribution.
- My going to my grave having turned RAISING CLARITY over to a cadre of Beloved Community organizers with zest for using the primary tools and knowledge base that form the RAISING CLARITY brand.
I want to explore with you in this public place each of these five success markers I wrote about in my fellowship application. If you have further questions, I’d love to read them.
1. My “Claim Your Calling” high-ticket course becoming more widely available to people of diverse income levels.
About two years ago, I sat down to figure out what my core offer was for an intensive, expensive, marketing training program I was able to take thanks to a COVID loan. I had to figure out what I did that was worth a lot of money in the way they described it. It needed to wrap together everything I know and do. At first, I could not figure out the through-line in my work with money, consciousness, time, etc. What I realized with a flash that I attribute to grace was that I help people follow their callings. Not just figure them out but actually do them, follow them, and grow themselves as they grow them. And that this was my calling, in fact. My whole life had led up to it and created it.
My comprehensive “Claim Your Calling” program is the result. I’ve receive thousands of dollars for that program, but stopped when I got clear physical and emotional signals I needed to integrate it more fully into my overall work and being. I continue to offer it, and to integrate it. One way I do this is by experimenting. I am experimenting with taking apart my comprehensive program, and allowing people to take pieces of it. Another experiment is offering it at a lower rate. I see integration of this program I created and love, offering it to people of widely varying income levels at widely varying prices, as a great success indicator.
2. Larger numbers of people sharing what I do and how I help.
For years, I worked as a hermit. RAISING CLARITY was a well-kept secret. It still feels like I do that sometimes. But gradually, I am feeling safer coming “out” about who I am, what I offer, and what all I do. I’m learning to make sense of it in words, and learning to express it to others. I think that’s fundamental to others sharing what I do and how I have helped them. For example, I never used to offer Testimonials. I thought it was a violation of confidentiality even to ask for them. Now, that attitude feels silly. I know when to ask, and when not to ask and have lots of lovely testimonials.
3. Me finding ever less expensive, highly effective (yet still paid, distinct from free) ways to serve more of my market, including a more diversified array of coaching groups on core RAISING CLARITY focus areas, plus recorded courses.
Another stage on my marketing journey has been the work of George Kao, who inspired me to think not just bigger but broader, in creating new work–and new kinds of work–more people could access freely and could afford. So I’ve begun experimenting with a coaching group that costs just $40/session to attend and recorded courses that currently range from $15-40. Teaching this course live online was a blast! Recording a course like that for others to take thereafter is a beautiful bonus.
It surprised me how much fun this hermit (me) has doing events live online. I do them regularly now, for free, as well as starting to offer paid courses I record. (I share when I’m doing these with my blog and newsletter subscribers, and on Facebook and LinkedIn, so subscribe or follow me there if this is news to you.) Right now, the coaching group is an experiment that ends after four months, at which time I’ll figure out what I want to offer going forward. But I envision a coaching group on time-sculpting, and one on money coaching, and another on following your calling, for example.
4. Me being invited to speak at more events and venues about my understanding of contemporary meaninglessness and the tools for meaning within each of us, at our fingertips, whether or not it creates direct income for RAISING CLARITY, as a Beloved Community contribution.
I think this one’s pretty clear. This stuff’s important to me–all the things I write and say in events and coaching sessions about following your calling, capitalism, reclaiming your time, money, focus and mindset. I enjoy public speaking and am good at it, thinking easily on my feet. That goes for questions and leading discussion, too. I see this as a key indicator of success, that more and more people are interested in these topics.
5. My going to my grave having turned RAISING CLARITY over to a cadre of Beloved Community organizers with zest for using the primary tools and knowledge base that form the RAISING CLARITY brand.
I’ll admit this last success marker surprised me–but it’s true. I hope others will take over RAISING CLARITY as I begin the end of my life (at 150) and keep it going til it’s no longer useful, and everyone already follows their calling. Like I say to coaching clients and on my consulting page, “I work myself out a job with pride and speed.” So when it’s no longer needed, RAISING CLARITY should also begin the end of its life.