11 Jul Promotion with Integrity is Self-Expressed
Here is the recording from our free phone chat on this topic as promised below. Click on the link above to hear it.
Promotion with Integrity is aligned. With all our parts. It is
This post–about self-expression–might sound like the most obvious truth: promoting our work expresses who we are. But so often it doesn’t! So often, it expresses a false self we create because we think it will make us seem more attractive. Sometimes we shut down right when it’s time to shout out:
here I am!
How to get the word out about our work more freely?
- Be your own best healer, friend and ally. Take a genuine interest in why you may be blocked in your self-expression of your work. (Because that is what promotion is!) Tell the truth to yourself first and foremost:
- Is what’s holding your promotion back a basic survival fear–like that you will die if you stick your neck out? Get grounded.
- Is it a fear of being thought weird, over-the-top, or crazy? Or are you bored with your promoting? Get juicy.
- Do you feel you don’t have the right to promote your work? Find your innate solar power.
- Have you forgotten why you do your work in the first place? Reconnect with how much you love your work: it helps you love promoting your work.
- You’ve figured it out. Breathe a big sigh of relief. Then breathe again. Begin to notice how you breathe when you think about promoting your work and deliberately calm your breathing. Then decide it can be different this time and while breathing calmly, make one promotional promise to yourself and keep it.
- Experiment with the idea of speaking publicly about your work. If it helps, write out what you would say. Would someone publish it? (I might! Send it to me.) If you already speak and write publicly about your work, challenge yourself: what new forms of self-expression want to come?
Notice the “throat” of this flower. Imagine that’s your throat. Breathing in goodness from the Earth, you pull up the power and right to express yourself about the work you do that you love. If you’ve never done this kind of meditation, just pretend you know what I’m talking about. You do!
Now release that Earth energy through your throat–however it flows: purely, violently, courageously, musically. Feel the sun on your petals, blessing your voice.
Feel the very air receiving you.
Continue to pull Earth support up and express your work out. Make sound. Notice that your sound fills the space and how much space is left for everyone else. You have something important to share. Are you sharing it? Change your sound til it feels aligned. Keep pulling, keep freeing your voice, keep receiving the gift of spacious reception.
Please join us one week from for our free phone chat on honest self-expression in promoting your work. We’ll also offer a guided meditation echoing the one above.
There’s no need to RSVP. You can join the call at any time during the hour. The guided meditation takes place about halfway through the call. And the call will be recorded if you can’t make it. The recording will be added to this post, up at the top, soon after the call is ended.
Date: July 18, 2016
Time and Duration: 2pm Eastern, for one hour
Call-in number: 641-715-3276